Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am happy

Accidently went into MySpace and read some of the poems written last year before deciding to stay at home permanently and give up on that paycheck... this is one of it.

------------------------------------------
It's The Simple Things That Stays

Oh no, no more treats at restaurants, I think
But when Mark joins me at the table
With Jem banging his little hands on his high chair
The simple fares I'd prepared
Will do fine I think

Oh no, we have to tighten up on our spendings I think,
No more toys and Mocha Iced blend
Mark made a cuppa from those he bought in Malacca
And Jem offered me his little tea set
These will do fine too I think

Oh no, Christmas is round the corner I think,
With my new little nephews n all the little babes
I sure hope i have enuf for a little something
But little Kieran snuggle up my chin with a smile
That do fine for him I think

Oh no, there goes my diving trip again,
but that thot soon dissipate
With Jem splashing in his tub
And pass me his little watering can
That's perfectly fine I think

Oh no, how about the Aussie trip?
"Catch!" Too late the ball hit me
And their laughters ring so sweetly
As we run round the playround
Yeah, once again it's fine I think

The moon shines bright and the night arrives
A hug from Mark
And a kiss from Jem
Puts me back to dreamland
Knowing jolly well that all will be fine.

-----------------------------------------
this came to mind....

Really

Really
Chasing my 2 Js round the house,
hearing their laughter rings out loud
beats
chasing for deadlines to be met.

Truly
Screaming another round of "No! No touch!"
coaxing for the little mouths to open for food
surpass
cursing the boss for doing it last minute again.

Genuinely
Getting the house cleaned up and hot dinner done
with Mark lounging comfortably after work
fulfils
more than having good appraisals

Honestly
Playing dress up with them
donning a bowl for a hat
excel
sipping red wine in a Bow and Tie event.

Seriously
Dipping fingers into the paints
wiping creams out of tiny fingers
surpass
getting handshakes from the VIPS

Really... when you are with the things that really matters, having less might just amplifies the blessings a thousand fold.

No comments: