Monday, March 10, 2008

Part of Your World

While preparing for their lunch, I caught sight of the kids being entranced by this nice music from the show on the tv. Finishing up what I had to do in the kitchen, i joined them to watch what's enrapturing both the boys' attention.


They are actually watching Little Mermaid 2. Beautiful Ariel that I watched when I was a mere 12 years old now too became a mummy like me! Memories of me humming/singing through the songs with xiu, gina in the classroom in between classes flashed before me. And now, I'm watching Ariel's daughter, Melody's adventures with my sons!!!


If i had a fourth person in the house... I would pretty much ask that person to take a shot of us curling on the cushions, eyes glued to the show. Jem went "oh no!" when the fishes were being attacked. Jay said "oh-oh!" when rocks came tumbling down. And yes.. i just had to sit through the whole show despited my long to do list. Both of them actually clapped when Titan finally got back his "fork" and attacked the witch!! Not that I'm actually happy that my kids are rejoicing at someone being frozen and sunk deep into the sea, but I can't help having delights that I had my sons to share through a movie with me.

The show ended with the song "Part of Your World". Call me a wimp but yes... tears simply rolled down my face. Once, I was just like Ariel... wishing for the world out there. The depth of the ocean, the stone laid path of Germany, the snowy mountains of switzerland... wishing just to feel more of what the world can give. And yet today, we are contented to be part of our kids' world, waiting to partake in their adventures as they find their own desires for explorations.

If the name "Caroline" stands for Song of Joy... then Jerome and Jayden must be the Melody.

No comments: