Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's for real...

Some have been asking me... is your blog for real? How can one keep having good, fun times and no down times? Am I stashing away the bad stuff, sweeping it into some dark corners so that all can envy me for the blessed life i lead?

The truth is out... i do have my fair share of down times as every woman out there and I do face the same kind of problems... sickness, incorrigible husband, untamable kids, forever rising bills, neverending to-do list, constant aching back and muscles and insatiable demands from everyone.

Just 2 weeks back, Mark and I had a big fight which as usual tempted me to show him the door and me falling into the pit by raising the 'd' word. Details of the fight were the usual complaints for the past 4 yrs and as usual resolved by soft spoken sorries from both side. Why? Because the bible says in Ephesians 4:26 "Do not let your sun go down while you are still angry,". For the non-believer, please read it as sleep is more appealing than staying angry/upset.

While I was in the bad time... I was busy weeping and my eyes hurt from too much crying thus prevent me from blogging. Subsequently, my mind got overwhelmed by how good the crabs were, a treat we often give ourselves for surviving the ordeals.. and since i relish the sweetness of the meat more than the bitterness of the fight, i think i rather write about the dish of chilli crabs instead.

I was down with bad bout of flu, terrible two frustrations, pain and aches from cleaning up the messes as well. I ought to complain to that.. because of it, I gotta gave a birthday party a miss. But it definitely didn't stop me from going out in the evening to enjoy National Day's firework and air show.. oh wow!those planes were amazing!!! Not to mention the beautiful fireworks... u get my drift? its always the beauty overriding the saddies..

As for those like concerns on Jem's terrible pronounciations, Jay's extreme tantrums, an ostentious expense that throws the month's budget off balance, lack of time to finish work, existence of irritants etc., Matthew 6:34 says"And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?" Be it biblically or logically, it holds the truth... so i might jolly well use the time and energy people spend on worrying to play..and subsquently blog on the 'playtime'.

So rejoice, you ladies out there! For your problem plagued family life is indeed normalcy. You can attribute my absence of down times as short term memory lost or permanent immersion in self denial. In whichever way, you can still continue to envy me cos indeed I am blessed. For the meaning of 'blessed' is not in having everything but in contentment of everything....

2 comments:

ill fate said...

Caroline, I really salute you! You are really one Super Woman, you are my Idol.

Richard and Jayce said...

Really enjoyed reading your blog...not only taught us on cooking, but in life lessons too!!

Teddyboy