Friday, August 29, 2008

A Tai-tai Day - Part 1

It's the shool hols again... to skip the crowd, I'd brought the kids out on Friday before the week of holidays really started. Mark went on half day leave..
I'm not that keen on indoor playgrounds especially paid ones but what could be a better choice to let the kids enjoy while i'm on my own during the rainy season? So we took a cab and headed out to Fidget @ Turf City.
It was a good choice. The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves, climbing and running crazily. Jay rewarded me with some near heart attacks being his usual reckless self. And I think I made some maids felt they are blessed... as they watched this mummy climbing up the obstacles trying to get her little one slow down while balancing to get some sturdy photo shots with a DSLR. One sweet Australian mummy even took the effort to come to me and said that she's there almost every week and never once managed to get a good shot cos the kids will never slow down.

Finally, when they were exhausted with the 'big stuff', they willingly followed me to the cafe where the toddlers' corners are. It's good to be there on a weekday... especially when you get to have the sofa seats. Got them some cakes to fill their little tummies and off they went again, this time to the toddlers' side. Heavenly!! That's when my 'tai-tai' moments started. With little watching required... I got to curl up on the armchair and read a traveling mag. Soon, another mum from new zealand joined me for a chat.

Mark came along and brought the kids to the big playground for 2nd round.

Total damage to the wallet :
2 Entrance Fee - $30
3 pair of socks - $9
1 peppermint tea - $4.60
1 Chocolate Cake - $6.90
1 Cupcake - $3.50
1 Apricot Roast Chicken Sandwich - $7.40
1 Mango smoothie - $6.30

Total : $67.70 (Not to forget the $12 cab fare...)

Details on Fidget : http://www.fidgets.com.sg/

No comments: