Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spreading its Little Green Wings

How often do we zoom in life and ignore all the little miracles that's around us?

Ever since i started gardening, time seems to go real slow when i'm near my plants for the daily watering and pruning. I know I know... can hear you commenting about old age catching up.. blah blah blah. But one has to experience it to understand the sense of awe that Life is giving.

I love to plant from seeds. It gives the most sense of satisfaction to see little seedlings spring out from those seeds. Then the two leaves gives way to mature leaves to signify its graduation from a seedling to a proper plant. Then the thickening of the stem.. more branches... budding flowers... and hopefully fruits.

This pot consists of seeds from some calamansi i bought to go along with my chinchilok recently. I nearly gave up after weeks of no signs and wanted to use the soil for basil seeds instead. While waiting for a goood weather to do the planting... little green wings appeared. Mark jokingly says that they might be in time to decorate for next year CNY *roll eyes*





This is my tomato plant... growing very very slowly. I kept having to remind myself patience patience... i do hope it grows well.



This is a pot of chinese celery... the only pot that was not grown from seeds. It's not really growing well.. somehow i just don't have a knack for herbs. But i'm still trying to keep it alive with organic plant food bought from Far East Flora. I love chinese celery in my soup but Mark doesn't appreciate. Thus i hope to pluck from the pot rather to buy from the supermarket as I always have to throw away quite a fair bit.



I still have a pot of chilli padis at my corridor that I started from seeds as well. It has little buds on it now.. will make it a point to take photos should flower blooms.

I still have a packet of basil seeds untouch.. let's wait for a good day to sow "little miracles".

No comments: