Monday, October 19, 2009

Busy Busy Quarter

I'm still caught in a busy schedule... now, what's new? Much had been accomplished though.. such as the kids' new school for new year, brushing up on Jem's phonics and packing up of our place etc. But a lazy bug taken a bite on me today and I seriously couldn't start my engine to do anything except to play with my games and kids.

We had just finished a round of catching at the playground and now seated in front of the tv watching a newly purchased vcd. Since my notebook is in front of me... I might as well blog while spending some 'quality' tv watching session with them.

Let's get it rolling with (as usual) FOOD....

Check out this Chewy Chocolate Soft Cookies we baked! Managed to get the kind of texture but somehow it is too rich for my liking... simply too chocolaty. Think need some twitching before posting the recipe... but look at the picture... doesn't it looks mmmmm... YUMMY!
I'm rather addicted to a cafe game in Facebook as well.. there's just this thing about kitchen that makes a woman either scream in exasperation or smile in satisfaction. Especially during tough times, I find myself seeking comfort in trying out more dishes (both online and offline)... its ironic, and definitely a fast way to add onto the pile of housework to be completed. But motherhood is really tough and one just needed some way to let off some "steam" before sanity evaporates to nothing.

Talking about that, I still remember some time back while rushing home from getting Jem's donuts.. I saw a hysteric mom with a cool teenage girl. She's down her knees (the mom) shouting at her girl (or mebbe to the world) and crying away... the conversation went something like this :

Mom : I really cannot take it anymore... please I beg you... go and die... go somewhere to jump down and die.
Daughter : Cannot
Mom : Why cannot?!?!? I cannot go on anymore... I beg you.
Daughter : I don't know where to jump.
Mom : (pointing to a nearby block) over there... I go with you now.
Daughter : Not today. Some other days perhaps... but not today. I still got things to do.

The mom screamed even more loudly but I'm pretty far from them to hear properly already. I am in a rush remember? But I did catch sight of some kind uncles loitering near them and calling police before striding off in peace lah...

So mummies... before you lose your cool, come by to pick up some recipes... I have plenty to share.

No comments: