Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ham and Cheese Quiches



My new weighing machine which comes with thermometer function is showing that today's temperature is above 29`C, definitely not a suitable day for making pastry...

But my ham is gonna expired soon so I just had to grit my teeth and tackle the gooey mess..

Thank goodness I still have some pastry margarine in the fridge to mix with butter so that the fat will not melt too fast under this crazy heat.

Making this quiche is definitely a hilarious experience for me cos I was basically racing against the melting butter, battling against a boy who insisted that I should make cakes instead, juggling a crying toddler who is in a bad mood for the whole day and ignoring the urge to throw the sticky dough into the bin. When I finally did the shells for the quiche... i came to understand not all goodies are meant to be mini sized. Yes... i only have mini sized muffin tray so i used that. End up there's very little room left for the egg mixture.

But against all odds, these shortcrust pastry did not fail me... it is definitely yummy! Though it lacks the savoury fullness a quiche usually have.. the pastry is packed with buttery fragrant and a nice melt in the mouth texture.

No comments: